11 September 2007

Joey's SC Hospital Visit

Joey had surgery on Monday to remove a "surfers knot" that he has had on his stomach since high school. They thought it was a lipoma, but it turned out to be a lot bigger than expected and it was not a lipoma. We will get the test results next week. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. The incision ended up being twice as big as the doctor predicted. Joey handled the whole thing like the real man he is. In fact he was up and out the door at 6 am this morning on his way to the airport. He is going to Vermont, NYC and Stockholm, Sweden. Here are some before and after shots of the surgery...

Happy camper right before surgery - I think the worst part for him was the IV
This might be my favorite photo of the day! I took this right after the anesthesiologist doped him up. If this is not a genuine smile than don't know what is...

Now he has a rad scar.

5 comments:

SUMMER said...

How did we not know about this? Maybe Bryan knew! Hope that it comes out ok! keep me posted!

Ann Marie said...

Hope that he is feeling ok - wow! The scar does look pretty rad though!!!

maryam said...

Tom just told me that he ran into Joey at the store yesterday. We had no idea that he had surgery! Let us know if we can help!!!

Mary said...

I'm glad all went well with the surgery and that sister-in-law Katherine could visit while on her break ! kinda cool to have a relative work at the hospital your in...anyway...I'll always picture Joey with that "blissful" smile on his face...so cute !Annie , your blog is so pretty ! I love the new family picture on the stairway!

maryam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!!!!! I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!! :) :) :)