24 October 2007

Major Disaster Declared In CA


These fires are just devastating. It is unreal and heartbreaking to hear the numbers of people that have been displaced and a few have lost their lives. There are many that have lost their homes and many that still don't know the status of their home. I was happy to hear this morning that President Bush declared this a Major Disaster, which will allow people with no insurance to be covered by the federal government. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been affected by this disaster (all of the residents, the firefighters and other emergency workers who have been working around the clock since Sunday).

View from space

2 comments:

SUMMER said...

I really hate this! It is so sad!

maryam said...

I thought this was a joke, but then I started seeing it on the news!!! I can't believe that the smoke can be seen from space!