03 October 2007

Just Call Me Grace

This me alone in the ER...yes I took pictures of myself.

My advice to the 6 people that actually read this blog...don't try to drink out of your water bottle and walk at the same time...especially if there is a curb that you need to step off of. You will probably end up like me...feeling like a spaz in the ER explaining what happened. I was on my way to help in Bennett's class yesterday for the very first time. I was so excited. Stella was at school and I couldn't wait to see what goes on in Bennett's class. As I was crossing the street I totally tweaked my foot/ankle and spilled my water everywhere. Luckily there were no parents and/or kids to laugh and point at me. I tried to shake it off and proceeded over to the school and worked in the class. The entire time I was thinking "okay, when is this going to stop hurting?!" After school was over I hobbled back to my car, with Bennett & Crew wondering why I was walking funny (moms don't get hurt). Then my nice friend Reny kept the kids while I went to the ER to get checked out. This is my first real injury since I was 15 and I broke the top joint of my index finger playing volleyball at the beach....and I never even knew it was broken until it healed all funny. When the kids saw me with this thing on my foot and cruches they were shocked. Bennett said "Mom, how are you going to make breakfast tomorrow?" Stella said, "you're not hurt, you're all better." But the were very sweet and concerned. Bennett brought me water, ice packs and dark chocolate M&M's without me even asking. Anyway, enough blabbing. Here are some funny photos...at least I got a cool new fake leather hospital boot out of it.



And this is what Joey came home to...

2 comments:

maryam said...

How sad Annie!!! Who's going to cook, clean, do laundry, help in the classroom, take the kids to soccer practice and put the kids to bed? Probably you. Oh, that stinks. How long do you have to wear that designer boot?

SUMMER said...

Oh Annie! I hope that you feel better soon. We missed you! Make sure to get waited on as much as possible. And call if you need anything!