28 January 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley


Last night we heard the news that our loved Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints had passed away. He was 97 years old. I will remember him always as he was newly called as President when I was baptized. I have since enjoyed hearing and reading his words. He was such a strong, genuine, humorous and caring person. He will be missed, but I know he is rejoicing now as he is reunited with his sweetheart Marjorie, who passed away almost 4 years ago.


I will be reminded of him when I look at this sign featuring his "Nine Be's" that is hung over our breakfast table. I know he was a man that truly lived by these.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I want that plaque Annie - where did you get it??

Moody Family... said...

we have the same plaque hanging on our playroom - love it!

Mary said...

Hi honey, I love your bloggie place. The Hinckleys' look like such a sweet and happy couple. bless their hearts ! Love to all...can I get a nine B plague too ? mommy