21 February 2008

Smartest decision of the year...


so far. On Monday, I went to my friends house to pick up my kids. Keep in mind that I go to this friends house multiple times every week. If I am picking up or dropping off I always park in front of her garage, because I am usually only there for 5 minutes. This particular day the kids were playing and my friend and I got to talking. I ended up being there for an hour or so. I completely forgot that I had left my keys and my purse in my unlocked car (I usually don't do that!). When I went to leave my car was gone! It was the weirdest feeling. Not knowing where your car went...was it stolen...was it towed? Having to call your husband and tell him how smart you are, etc. After a call to the bank to freeze our accounts I called the sherrif's dept. and they told me my car was towed! It cost $180 to get my car. I asked the tow truck guy how long my car was there and he said "not very long". They work quick to get your money. It was a bummer but at least it wasn't stolen. It would have cost us a lot more. Needless to say I have learned 2 good lessons this week!! Don't park illegally! And don't leave your keys and purse in your car ever!

4 comments:

maryam said...

Oh no!!! You are lucky that nothing was missing from your car. My brother had his car towed and the towing company took his wallet!

Moody Family... said...

no way!!! were you here in talega?

SUMMER said...

Oh no! I am so glad that it wasn't stolen with the keys in there. My mom had an incident once and they towed her car with our dog in it... the dog got so scared it peed and poo'd all over the inside of my mom's car!!! Towing is the worst! Hopefully Joey wasn't mad! XOXO

Valley Girl said...

Oh how funny...that must have been the oddest feeling!
My moms car actually got stollen while she was out of town, she called me wondering if she had left it at my house and forgotten... she just was in such shock that that could really happen outside of the ghetto.
I am glad your car was only towed, but sorry to hear you had a hefty bill to pay to pick it up!